Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Blessings

Recently, I had to attend the funeral of someone who I loved very much. During this very emotional day I reflected on many aspects of my life with this young man and despite some very troubling faults I realized how blessed I have been to have even a small part of him in my life. Also that I might get a little down about certain aspects of my life now, that I have been truly blessed in my life. This weekend by little Reese called me grandma for the first time!! Nothing more beautiful has been uttered to me in a long time. These are the blessings that I reflect upon times of sadness. Although I had gone to Utah for a funeral I left there feeling very loved and excited about my new name and that my grandbaby knows me and calls for me...... she knows that I love her and will do everything I can to help grow into a beautiful young lady. I wasn't able to get Matt on that right path, but I still know without a doubt in my mind that he knew always that I loved him. What more can we ask than for that??

1 comment:

Gary and Shelice Murphy said...

We love you! You've all be in our hearts and prayers...glad you're home safe, and that you received one of those precious tender mercies that help us hold on and heal. We love you!