Friday, June 26, 2009

Childhood Memories

The last couple of days have been really sad. A part of my childhood and teenage years have died. With the passing of Farrah and Michael Jackson it has made me think about how old I am getting because these two where very much a part of my life growing up. I rocked Farrah's hairstyle in middle school and thought she was so beautiful and to be married to the six million dollar man, a girl couldn't get any luckier than that. As she got older she became a little stranger to me, but I loved to watch Charlies Angels when I was growing up. What can I say about Michael Jackson?? If you say you haven't loved at least one of his songs, I can't believe it. Yeah, his personal life was bizarre and he in the last years was involved in some very upsetting things, but as an entertainer he was the King. In my mom's generation they had Elvis, we had Michael Jackson. I mean the man made MTV when I was young and they actually played videos then. I have been always told celebrities die in three's. When Ed McMahon died and then Farrah died that morning I thought who else is going to pass, but I never thought Michael Jackson. It makes me realize our time here is short so we need to do better every day.

No comments: