Monday, January 28, 2008

Goodbye

Last night the President Hinkley died. At first it seemed surreal and yet I knew it was true. I found myself at real peace with it. I know that he is with his beloved wife and they are together in such a beautiful place, that I cannot comprehend it. I know with all my heart, that he was a true prophet of God, and he was given divine inspiration to lead and guide us.
President Hinkley made you feel like you were good friends even though I was never blessed to meet him. He seemed like the Grandpa you would always want. One of the things I always admired about him was his humblness. Here this man had great wisdom, but never made you feel dumb or stupid. I hope to one day see his smiling face again. I aspire to be half the person he was, then I feel I would be doing alright. We will miss him and hopefully we will look at his wise counsel and if we are not living it, then we will take head and follow his wonderful example.

No comments: