Thursday, January 31, 2008

New Beginnings


Last night was New Beginnings for Young Women. It was a very nice evening in which the new girls who just turned 12 and thier parents are introduced to the YW program. Devin was asked to give a speech on personal progress. I felt this was great since I have made it mine and Devin's goal that she must complete a certain amount of values before being able to get a drivers permit. I knew that this would motivate her. I let this wonderful program get by me with Allison and she has yet to get her YW medallion. I know it is only jewelry, but it symbolizes so much more.

1 comment:

Holly Lind said...

I think that having her complete a specified amount of goals before being allowed to apply for her driver's permit is a WONDERFUL idea!! I wish I would have gotten mine. I think it's more than just jewelry and a great goal. YAY! And can I just say also, your kids are growing up WAY too fast!