Saturday, August 9, 2008

No such thing as a "free ride"

Hopefully she is using the calculator on that phone to budget her money!!!
When Allison was granted an ROTC scholarship I thought great no loans, no school money needed! I was just a babe in the woods. I laugh at myself now. What was I thinking??? They sent a booklet with list of things she will need for school. Remember now this military school so when I say list I mean detailed specific list of items she must have before reporting in. Not to mention shampoo, qtips, razors.....etc, etc..... we went on another trip to wally mart today in the hopes of securing any last remaining items. Well we still have one or two items I believe, but essentially everything has been purchased. It was another $300 I spent today. Yikes, what happen to the "free"???? Oh yeah, the classess, books, and food for next couple of years. Still Allison had no clue and to tell you the truth either did I. Well maybe by the time Devin goes to college I will finally have it together. I think I will have Devin go to CSU so we don't have to do of this. No, I just thought about Devin in college and staying at home, maybe it worth the expense!

No comments: